Sunday 14 July 2013

London's upper crust burger invasion

In a week that's seen the arrival of two of the biggest names in burgers - Shake Shack and Five Guys - I'm delighted to discover that there's one more name to add to the London bun fight: Steers.

Hailing from my home country, South Africa, I have many fond memories of the joint. Namely, 3am visits to replenish energy levels (after having shaken my more youthful booty in the best of Cape Town's discotheques).

I head down to its new site at Clapham Junction, full of anticipation. I'm confronted by many other South African ex-pats in equal states of excitement, all taking selfies in front of the Steers sign. It feels good; a little slice of home - and it tastes just as I remember. The Rave burger and fries, with the trademark Steers salt and lashings of barbecue sauce - bliss.



Here's my first Vine - an ode to Steers in 6 seconds. Note: The final frame is a sad face. A sad, sad face - it was all over too soon.

Give yourself a patty on the back
Steers
313 Lavender Hill
Clapham
London
SW11 1LN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment